1772 301 Hopkins Hill Rd
Notes: James Potter married Patience Lewis (b. in W. Greenwich, RI)
Records of Deeds P. 442 Book 18
Land adjoining 301 Hopkins Hill Rd. owned by B. Arnold.
Book 1 Page 37
Job Potter b. 5-25-1733
Ezekiel Potter Married Phebe
Meriby (Meribah) Potter mentioned maybe 2nd. Wife of Ezekiel
Book 13 P. 357 Book of Deeds
James Potter sold to Robert Potter his house and land 13 Fe. 1813
Book 12 P. 138 19 Dec. 1808
Ezekiel Potter & Meribah sold to Amos Lindall the house & Meribah
gave up her dower rights
Ruth Potter of Richmond, RI ( dau. of Thomas Potter) married 13 Oct 1768
John Rice of Coventry, RI. Son of Richard Rice.
Slocum Potter (son of James Potter dec.) and Ruth Potter sold land
in Coventry, RI.
1. James A. Potter 5 Nov. 1770
2. Fones Potter 16 May 1759
3. George Potter 28 March 1761
4. Mary Potter 9 Sept. 1763
5. Zelpha Potter 22 Feb. 1767
6. Robert Potter 21 Sept. 1784 (son of Mariby)
Nathaniel Lindall was buried on property in back of house.
d. 20 Feb. 1795 Married Amelia _____
Births recorded in Coventry, RI on P. 237
1. Amos 29 July 1782 B.1 P. 237
married 1804 Lydia Spencer (dau. Of Michael of E.Greenwich, RI)
b. 19 Oct 1787
..1. Harriet Lindell
2. Isabella Lindell
3. Mariah Lindell
2. Mary Lindall
married Davis Hill of Exeter, RI
3. Oliver Lindall married 1810
Sally Straight of W.Greenwich (dau. Of Joseph Straight)
Coverntry, RI Book of Records -Deeds- P. 536
Slocum Potter his father being James Potter (deceased)
& his Mother Patience Potter have dower right as of deed Nov. 23,
Ruth Potter being wife of Slocum is mentioned in deed along with house
Description: B. 18 P. 443 80 acres
James Potter sold land to Slocum and Silas his sons on 16 Aug. 1830
Part of a title chain on 301 Hopkins Hill Rd.
Book 20 P. 178-179 Owen Spencer $75 admin. Of the estate of
Slocum Potter & Ruth Potter
3 Dec. 1834
.Slocum Potter & Ruth Potter sold to
William G. Battey and Sarah Battey.
4 Dec. 1855 William G, Battey and Sarah Battey sold to Richard &
Eliza Stone for $200.
Book 27 P. 120
Richard & Eliza Stone on 3 Nov. 1863 sold to
George E. Briggs for